Here are 5 exercises below which can help reduce snoring and improve sleep apnea. The HOLD TIME in each position is 5 seconds, and each exercise set is to be REPEATED 5 times. So it is the 5-5-5 approach to reduce snoring.
- Stick the tongue out of the mouth fully as much as possible, then move it to one side and then to the other side as much as possible without curling the tongue. Hold in each position for 5 seconds, and then put back in. Do this at least 5 times.
- With the tongue in the mouth, open the mouth wide, hold for 5 seconds and close. Then open wide again, move the lower jaw to one side, hold for 5 seconds, bring back and close. Then open again wide and move lower jaw to the other side, hold for 5 seconds, bring back and close mouth. Repeat this set of 3 exercises 5 times.
- Press the tip of the tongue on the roof of the mouth, then move it as back then as front as possible on the roof of the mouth (palate). Repeat this back and forth motion 5 times.
- With your index finger in the mouth, push the cheek away from the teeth for 5 seconds then release. Do this on each side around 5 times each.
- Pronounce the 5 vowels for 5 seconds each, one by one with full mouth stretch possible for each particular vowel.
Read more on-