Here are 3 stretching exercises which can help relieve mental stress and boost mental health at work-
- Square breathing:
- Sit in a comfortable, upright position on the chair.
- Inhale through your nose for four counts (1, 2, 3, 4).
- Hold that breath in for four counts, exhale through your nose for four counts and then hold that breath out for four counts.
- That’s one cycle. Repeat 10 times, going at your own pace
- Shoulder stretch:
- Interlace your fingers, and raise your arms above your head, with your palms facing upwards in line with your ears, while you look straight ahead and relax your shoulder blades (don’t shrug).
- Hold for five full breaths in and out through your nose and release.
- Repeat 3-5 times.
- Heart opener:
- Standing with your feet hip-distance apart (that is hip, all the way through the knee, ankle, and foot are in a line), reach your hands behind you, clasping them together in a fist at the base of your back.
- Looking straight ahead, lift your clasped hands as high as you can behind you, pulling your shoulder blades together.
- Hold for five full breaths.
- Repeat 3-5 times
Clearing and ordering your work-station or desk also helps to decrease mental stress!
De-clutter to De-stress….